Experienced New Jersey Criminal Lawyers
Our New Jersey Criminal Practice Group, chaired by former Morris County Chief Assistant Prosecutor and Einhorn Harris Counsel Matthew James Troiano, includes a roster of experienced attorneys dedicated to protecting the rights of the accused, and those immersed in complex investigations or crisis situations who are in need of legal representation.
Our Criminal Practice Group is led by Chair and Counsel Matthew James Troiano, a veteran prosecutor and seasoned trial attorney, who has handled a variety of high-profile criminal matters, including multiple homicide trials. He is joined by Partner Michael R. Ascher, a former New Jersey Deputy Attorney General and Assistant County Prosecutor; Counsel Brian D. Kenney, a former Morris County Assistant Prosecutor and experienced criminal defense lawyer; and Partner Matheu D. Nunn, a former Morris County Assistant Prosecutor and Municipal Prosecutor, who handles a broad range of litigation and serves as co-chair of the Firm’s Appellate Practice.
Our Criminal Law Attorneys Focus on Providing Superior Criminal Defense Strategies and Counsel for Complex Investigations.
As criminal defense attorneys with behind-the-scenes insight gained through years as successful prosecutors, the attorneys in our Criminal Practice Group can quickly and easily navigate the complex Criminal Justice System and identify weaknesses in the Prosecution’s case from the initial investigation through the grand jury process, and, ultimately, in their presentation at trial. Leveraging the benefit of this insider insight, the Einhorn Harris Criminal Practice Group has been able to resolve serious criminal charges for many clients, without the need for trial, while also reducing their criminal exposure, to include their exposure to jail time or prison. If, however, the case cannot be resolved, our criminal defense attorneys are prepared to present a rigorous trial defense, including an independent investigation, any and all applicable motions, and the use of expert witnesses.
Years of Experience in Municipal Courts Can Help our Clients Resolve Local Court Matters.
In addition to representing clients charged with serious violations at the State and Federal level, the Criminal Practice Group also has extensive experience with municipal court matters. Because our criminal defense attorneys have spent years working within the municipal court system, we have insight that can often lead to a quick resolution for the benefit of our client.
The Criminal Practice Group at Einhorn Harris is prepared to handle any criminal or municipal court matter (criminal or traffic) that can arise in New Jersey, whether in State or Federal Court, including:
Serious Crimes Resulting in Death or Serious Bodily Injury:
- All homicide-related crimes, including:
- Murder and Attempted Murder
- Felony Murder
- Aggravated Manslaughter and Manslaughter
- Reckless Vehicular Homicide
Serious Crimes Not Resulting In Death:
- Aggravated Assault
- Simple Assault
- Criminal Restraint
- Bias Crimes
- Criminal Mischief
- Theft by Deception
- Receiving Stolen Property
- Leading a Narcotics Trafficking Network
- Manufacturing, Distributing, or Dispensing
- Possession with Intent to Distribute
- Drug Possession
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a Weapon for an Unlawful Purpose
- Unlawful Possession of a Weapon
- Certain Persons Not to Possess a Weapon
- Possession of Prohibited Weapons
White Collar Crimes:
- Official Misconduct
- Computer Crimes
- Perjury, False Swearing, Hindering Apprehension and Obstruction of Justice
- Health Care Claims Fraud
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Sexual Assault
- Aggravated Criminal Sexual Contact and Criminal Sexual Contact
- Invasion of Privacy
- Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
- Violation of Community or Parole Supervision for Life
Child Abuse-Related Crimes:
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child
- Child Abuse
Domestic Violence Offenses:
- Contempt for Violating a Restraining Order
- Terroristic Threats
- Traffic tickets
- Disorderly Persons Offenses
- Petty Disorderly Offenses
- Conditional Discharges
In addition, the Criminal Law Practice at Einhorn Harris Ascher Barbarito & Frost, P.C., handles the following:
- Federal Crimes
- Internal White Collar Investigations for Employers/Business Owners
- Victim’s Rights
Contact Our New Jersey Criminal Lawyers
Although past performance cannot guarantee future results, our New Jersey criminal lawyers often mean the difference between jail and freedom. We represent clients throughout New Jersey. Contact us online or by phone at 973-627-7300.