Thomas Dorn represents individuals in work related accidents and in personal injury matters, including motor vehicle accidents, fall down accidents and construction site accidents. In the initial client meeting, Thomas explains to each client their rights and what steps he will take to achieve the best possible result in their case. He takes pride in keeping in contact with his clients and answering all of their questions. By gaining the trust and confidence of each client he keeps them fully informed through all stages of the court process.
Thomas is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney and as a Workers’ Compensation Law Attorney. He was the first attorney in New Jersey to be certified in both of these fields.
Having been a workers’ compensation attorney and personal injury attorney for over 30 years, he has developed and achieved the respect of attorneys in these two fields which allows him to provide effective and successful representation of his clients.
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, Civil Trial Attorney, 1999 – Present
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, Workers’ Compensation Law Attorney, 2007 – Present
Honors & Accolades
“New Jersey Super Lawyer,” Super Lawyers, 2017 – 2019
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Association for Justice
- Morris/Sussex Ethics Committee, 2006 – 2010
- Ruiz v. Mero, 385 N.J. Super. 382 (App. Div. 2006), aff’d 189 N.J. 525 (2007), represented a Dover New Jersey police officer and successfully abolished the Fireman’s Rule in New Jersey that prohibited police and first responders from pursuing negligence cases.
- Kibler v. Roxbury Board of Education, 392 N.J. Super. 45 (App. Div. 2007) cert denied, 192 N.J. 292 (2007), represented a Roxbury teacher injured as a result of a student’s actions, arguing that her employer committed an intentional wrong by permitting a student with lengthy discipline problems to remain in school.
- Appellate Division Upholds Dismissal Of Case For Failure To File Trial De Novo Due To Clerical Error
- Denial of Unemployment Benefits Reversed And Remanded Due To Incomplete Findings Of Fact
- Gambler’s “I Am Compulsive” Defense Cannot Escape Casino Debt
- Appellate Division Holds That Medical Providers In Workers’ Compensation Cases Have Six Years To Sue For Their Bills
- Appellate Division Upholds Dismissal Of Plaintiff’s Negligence Case At PNC Arts Center
- NJ Supreme Court Holds That Volunteer Firefighter Is Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Temporary Disability Benefits
- Appellate Division Upholds Dismissal Of Personal Injury Claim In Domestic Violence Case
- NJ Ban On BYOB Advertisements Held To Be Unconstitutional
- Unmarried Same-Sex Partner Allowed To Sue For Emotional Distress After Witnessing The Death Of Her Partner’s Biological Child
- NJ DOT Granted Immunity In Fatal Hit-And-Run Accident
- Drivers With Three Or More DWI Convictions Must Serve 180 Continuous Days In Jail; Sentence Permitting Two Days A Week In Jail Vacated
- US Supreme Court Upholds Trump’s Travel Ban
- Should New Jersey’s Uber Drivers Receive Workers’ Compensation Coverage?
- Accidents At Work: Workers’ Compensation 101
- I Was Injured At A Company Picnic; What Can I Do?
- Traffic Accidents and Weather Immunity
- I Was Injured In A Hit-and-Run Accident. What Do I Do?
- A Pothole Caused Injuries And Damage To My Car; Can I Sue?
- Could My Back Injury Be Job Related? If So, What Now?
- When Is An Accident Work-Related?
- The Rights Of The Injured Employee And The Employer
- Termination From Employment: Unfair Or Unlawful?
- Co-Worker and I Had An Accident In Our Office Parking Lot; Now what?
- My Injury At Work Was My Fault; Can I File A Case?
- Workers’ Compensation: A View From Both Sides
- Instant Millionaire (Aka Can I Sue My Employer For My Injuries)??
- Is It A Workers’ Compensation Case Or A Personal Injury Matter?
- I Was Injured At Work In New Jersey But Live In New York, Can I Get Workers’ Comp?
- I slipped and fell in a local supermarket, what do I do?
- I tripped and hurt myself at work. Can I get workers’ comp?
- An Argument At Work Caused Injury. What Can I Do?
- Is a car accident in company car personal injury or workers’ comp?
- What Do I Do If I Was Diagnosed With Carpel Tunnel Because Of Work?
- I Got Injured AT The Office Not IN The Office. What Can I Do?
- Teaching The Teacher: The ABCs And 123s Of Accidents At School
- You Can’t Fight City Hall: Why Is My Right To Sue So Limited When I Get Hurt On Public (State, County Or City) Property?
- Whoops! I Slipped And Fell: Do I Automatically Win If I File A Lawsuit
- Occupational Exposure Cases: On the Job Injuries That Develop Over Time