100,000 Award for a Motor Vehicle AccidentMay 1, 2017
Christopher L. Musmanno, Esq., Chair of the Personal Injury Department and Certified Civil Trial Attorney with the law firm of Einhorn, Harris, Ascher, Barbarito & Frost, PC in Denville, NJ, announces a $100,000 settlement for a motor vehicle accident.
In January 2017, Plaintiff was operating a motor vehicle when Defendant failed to maintain her lane of travel, crossed over the double yellow line and struck Plaintiff’s vehicle, head on at an excess rate of speed. Plaintiff’s airbags deployed due to the severity of the impact.
Plaintiff was taken via ambulance to the hospital and underwent a battery of diagnostic tests including, but not limited to, x-ray tests to her bilateral ankles and pelvis as well as CT scans to abdomen, pelvis, head, cervical spine, and left lower extremity. As a result of this accident, Plaintiff sustained the following injuries which required approximately two weeks of in-patient hospitalization:
1. Hemoperitoneum and mesenteric injury of the small intestine, remediated by an exploratory laparotomy, bowel resection, and primary anastomosis.
2. Bilateral ankle fractures remediated by application of an external fixator to the left leg, closed reduction of the right lateral malleolus fracture, and open reduction and internal fixation of the left tibial plateau fracture after removal of the external fixator;
3. Nondisplaced fracture through the posterior tubercle of the left C6 transverse process, managed in an Aspen collar;
4. Traumatic head injuries consisting of a subarachnoid hemorrhage along the anterior right cerebral convexity and a subdural hemorrhage along the anterior tentorium on the left; and
5. Stable anemia secondary to acute blood loss.
Upon Plaintiff’s discharge, she was transferred for additional in-patient physical therapy.
The case settled for the $100,000.00 policy limit prior to filing a lawsuit.