On March 2, 2019, Matheu Nunn will speak at the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE) Program: Child Custody Basics: Everything You Need to Handle Child Custody Matters in 2019. Matheu will be speaking on relocation/child custody evaluations.
About The Program:
Few cases are as fraught with emotion as those involving child custody. New Jersey law and public policy encourage frequent contact between children and their parents, and seek to have both parents share in the rights and responsibilities of raising their children. However, contentious proceedings can make this very difficult even when the parties are well-meaning. Moreover, without time proven strategies, the legal and emotional issues can be particularly difficult to navigate for a new lawyer or for an attorney who is new to the area of family law.
The panel will discuss the following:
• Statutes and Important Cases to Know
• Pending Legislation
• Types of Custody Arrangements and the Differences Between Each
• Types of Parenting Time Arrangements and their Pros and Cons
• Psychological Dynamics to Be Aware of
• Pointers on Negotiating Custody Agreements and Parenting Plans; Using ADR to Settle Disputes
• Evaluations and Testing
• Difficult Situations-When Supervised Visitation May be Necessary
• Removal and other Post Judgement Motions