Wills, Trusts & Estates/Estate Planning Lawyers
Planning for the disposition of your assets upon your death is frequently an uncomfortable topic that many people refuse to discuss until it is too late. If you die without a will or proper estate plan, your living wishes for the distribution of your estate will be given no weight. Instead, your estate will be distributed according to a statutory formula.
If you want to protect your assets and your family, however, you must consider the future. At Einhorn Harris, our attorneys have drafted many wills and helped many people plan their estates throughout New Jersey, including Morris County, Sussex County, Warren County, Middlesex County, Hunterdon County, Somerset County, Union County, Essex County, Hudson County, Bergen County and Passaic County. We approach these discussions with the understanding that you may feel uneasy about discussing end-of-life decisions and how to distribute your wealth. We will:
- Explain the tax implications of your plan;
- Help you establish guardianship instructions for your minor children or other dependents;
- Explain the benefits of living wills (medical directives) and powers of attorney for health care;
- Help you with the steps you may take during life to safeguard your estate for your family;
- Help you develop a comprehensive legal plan that will be carried out upon your passing; and
- Deal with possible divorce and there are issues involving your estate planning that must be dealt with.
Other Estate Planning Services
In addition to preparation of wills and document review, we also assist executors and individuals with probate matters such as will contests.
If your relative is still living, but is no longer able to care for him or herself, we can assist you in establishing a guardianship and conservatorship on your relative’s behalf. We work with you to establish a plan that fits your circumstances. We guide you through the process, advising you on the best way to become a guardian and take care of your ailing relative.
Whenever there is a life-changing event, like a birth or a marriage, it is always a good idea to revisit your will and estate plan to include your new spouse or child. Additionally, our attorneys are well versed in the use of innovative estate planning techniques that can result in significant estate savings.
Our estates attorneys are experienced with virtually every aspect of wills, trusts and estate planning, including:
- Living Wills;
- Healthcare Directives;
- Revocable Trusts;
- Irrevocable Trusts;
- Powers of Attorney;
- Estate Litigation;
- Estate Tax Returns;
- Special Needs Trusts;
- Generation Skipping Planning;
- Multi-Generation Business Succession Planning;
- Charitable Planning; and
- Private Foundations.
Contact Einhorn, Harris, Ascher, Barbarito & Frost, P.C., at 973-627-7300.