Theodore E.B. Einhorn
Theodore has been recognized by:
- New Jersey Super Lawyers 2012
- New Jersey Super Lawyers 2011
- New Jersey Super Lawyers 2010
- New Jersey Super Lawyers 2009
- New Jersey Super Lawyers 2008
- New Jersey Super Lawyers 2007
- New Jersey Super Lawyers 2006
- New Jersey Super Lawyers 2005
Founder of the firm, Theodore E. B. Einhorn, has practiced in Morris County and throughout New Jersey for many years. Formerly a Municipal Attorney for Rockaway Township, Netcong Borough and Denville Township, Mr. Einhorn also served as the Municipal Prosecutor for Denville Township.
Mr. Einhorn has extensive experience in the area of Municipal Land Use and Zoning matters as well as Chancery matters. Serving as counsel for various private development applications on behalf of Exxon Company USA, Swig Arnow partnerships in New Jersey, Sisters of the Sorrowfiil Mother Health Care System, The Bergen Record, New Jersey Natural Gas, The Sammis Company, The Sonkyong Group, The Price Club, Summerfield Hotels, American Resurgens Inc., Rosenshein-Hanover Associates L.L.C., Olnick-Fisher Development Associates, EGDC Rockaway Inc., Schmitz Development Company, Corporate Property Investors, Inc. and Tishman Construction Company, Mr. Einhorn has dealt with Rezoning, Site Plan, Subdivision and Variance Approvals including high-rise office buildings; office/warehouse buildings; office condominium building, Skilled Nursing Facility and Continuous Care Center, hotels, residential subdivisions, and regional and local shopping centers.
Retained as special counsel by the Town of Boonton and the Township of Denville for various lawsuits involving land use questions and by private developers in cases involving development property, Mr. Einhorn has additionally rendered advice for various corporations and private individuals on business matters, and has served as counsel in litigation on various commercial matters and tax appeals. Such matters include the representation of business clients in actions seeking injunctive relief and money damages as well as accountings and dissolution of business entities, preparation and drafting of agreements dealing with the acquisition and/or sale of business ventures and/or property and litigation arising out of inter-corporate and/or partnership disputes.
Mr. Einhorn was also counsel for St. Clare's Hospital in Denville, NJ in the Karen Ann Quinlan case, as well as other health related cases.
Selected as a hearing officer in Medical Staff disciplinary matters at Newton Memorial Hospital, Princeton Medical Center and Bayonne Hospital, he has also served as a Member of Morris County Ethics Committee, and as Chairman of Judicial Selection Committee of Morris County Bar Association.
Practice Areas [ expand ]
Bar Admissions [ expand ]
- New Jersey, 1958
- U.S. Supreme Court
Education [ expand ]
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, New Jersey, 1957 J.D.
- Newark College of Rutgers University, 1955 B.S. Honors: With Honors
Membership and Associations [ expand ]
- New Jersey Society of Hospital Attorneys Member
- New Jersey Society of Hospital Attorneys Former Vice President
- American Society of Hospital Attorneys
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
- New Jersey Trial Lawyers Association
- New Jersey Municipal Attorneys Association
Awards and Recognition [ expand ]
- New Jersey Super Lawyers 2005-2010
- Morris County Bar Association, Life Time Achievement Award
Past Employment [ expand ]
- Rockaway Township, Netcong Borough and Denville Township, Municipal Attorny
- Denville Township, Municipal Prosecutor
- Town of Boonton, Special Counsel
- Township of Denville, Special Counse
- Newton Memorial Hospital, Hearing Officer, Medical Staff Disciplinary Matter
- Princeton Medical Center and Bayonne Hospital, Hearing Officer, Medical Staff Disciplinary Matters